What New Year's resolution do you think your dog and cat would make?
Just in case they didn't make one, here is an idea - daily tooth brushing! Here are some tips to get you started:
- Make brushing a positive experience with lots of treats and praise.
- Use a toothpaste made for especially for pets. Chicken flavor is tasty!
- Start slowly. Begin with getting your pet used to having his or her mouth and lips being touched.
- Once comfortable, introduce the toothbrush with toothpaste.
- Start with brushing the top teeth and add the bottom teeth in when your pet becomes more comfortable.
- Brush the teeth once to twice daily.
- Make sure to bring your dog and cat to see their favorite Veterinary Dentist at HVDOS every year for a dental checkup!